CoinShares CEO Jean-Marie Mognetti Joins Water Tower Research for Fireside Chat
The fireside chat with John M.A. Roy, PhD, Managing Director at Water Tower Research, will take place on July 6th at 11:00am ET.
June 2022 | SAINT HELIER, Jersey | CoinShares International Limited (Nasdaq First North Growth Market: CS; US OTCQX: CNSRF) (“CoinShares”), Europe's largest and longest standing digital asset investment firm, announces that Jean-Marie Mognetti, Chief Executive Officer, will feature in conversation with Water Technology Research (WTR), the investment research publisher.
The fireside chat with John M.A. Roy, PhD, Managing Director at WTR, will take place on July 6th at 11:00am ET. During the session, Jean-Marie and John will discuss the following topics:
- The development of new consumer products plans and how the current environment is informing CoinShares’ strategies
- New staking rewards Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) and recent inflows despite the bear market, including how inflows have looked in comparison to peers
- CoinShares’ focus on governance and regulation and how important it is to protect the company’s reputation in particular, in very challenging times
- Review of the balance sheet, cash flow and capital allocation strategies, including the decision to do a buyback
- How a well-capitalized position should help CoinShares navigate a challenging period in the markets
Jean-Marie Mognetti is CEO of CoinShares. He is an experienced commodities trader with a background and expertise in quantitative analysis, risk management and alpha generation through macro commodity-oriented programmes, including cryptocurrency.
In addition to his role as CEO, Jean-Marie oversees the Company’s proprietary trading arm, capital markets portfolio and risk management practices, ensuring that the Group possesses the requisite infrastructure for strategy execution and regulatory compliance. Prior to joining CoinShares, Jean-Marie was a quantitative strategist with Hermès Commodities Fund Managers. He is one of the company’s co-founders and major shareholders.
Jon M.A. Roy, PhD is Managing Director of Technology Research at Water Technology Research. Prior to Water Tower Research, John was a Lead Equity Research Analyst at UBS covering IT Hardware (including IBM, DELL, and HPE), Communications Equipment (including CSCO, ANET, and JNPR), and IT Services (including ACN, and CTSH). During his 20 years covering technology stocks on the sell-side, John was also a lead analyst at Merrill Lynch, W.R. Hambrecht, and Janney Montgomery Scott.
Prior to his equity research career, John was a lead software architect at JPMorgan, an AI sales engineer at Neuron Data, and a systems engineer and AI researcher at Hughes Aircraft. John holds a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of California, Irvine, a MSEE degree from the University of Southern California, and a BSEE degree from the University of California, San Diego where he was a Regents Scholar.
Sign up for our monthly newsletterSubscribe
Our latest insights & research. Never spam.