2020 & Q4 2020 Interim Report Summary
- Management fees generated by CS Passive have increased from 2019 by 62%, to GBP 18.4 million
- Trading gains generated by CS Capital Markets have increased from 2019 by 75%, to GBP 16.4 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of the Group has increased from 2019 by 100%, to GBP 22.4 million, achieving a margin of 64%
- Total comprehensive income of the Group has increased from 2019 by 109% to GBP 18.7 million
- Level of Group assets under management (“AUM”) has increased over the year by 336% to GBP 1.74 billion (USD 2.37 billion)
- Net asset position of the Group has increased over the year by 24% to GBP 56.5 million.
2021 First Quarter and 2021 Second Quarter YTD Milestones
- January 2021: With more than $202 million in XBT certificates changing hands on the market’s first day of trading in 2021, CoinShares had the highest volume traded in any European listed crypto ETP.
- February 2021: CoinShares aligned with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab, making a four-year, $0.5 million donation to the Digital Currency Initiative to help support open-source software development and advance the security of the Bitcoin protocol.
- March 2021: CoinShares successfully completed its public listing on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market. The Company raised 151.1 million Swedish krona, which equates to approximately $17.8 million, prior to listing related costs, and received retail subscriptions of more than 20x the retail offering and overall subscriptions of more than 4x the total offering, bringing in over 2,000 new shareholders and highlighting market demand. As of 11 March 2021, the Company’s shares began trading under the ticker symbol CS.
- April 2021: CoinShares extended its alliance with the DeFi Alliance and launched a new chapter in Europe as a founding partner. This alliance brings together other leading European crypto companies with a vision of supporting European DeFi startups with capital and liquidity and collaboration with partners to build a robust DeFi ecosystem in Europe.
2021 Interim Report Executive Summary
- Adjusted EBITDA for the interim period of over £62.8 million, achieving an EBITDA margin of 85% (H1 2020: £8.6 million, 58%).
- Total comprehensive income for the period of £58.7 million, (H1 2020: £10.4 million).
- Management fees generated by the Group’s Asset Management Platform of £36.7 million (H1 2020: £6.7 million).
- Combined income and gains generated by the Group’s Capital Markets Infrastructure of £37.4 million (H1 2020: £8.0 million).
- Fair value gains on Principal Investments of £4.1 million (H1 2020: £0.4 million).
- Assets under management (“AUM”) as at 30 June 2021 of £2.2 billion, (31 December 2020: £1.7 billion).
- Net asset position of the Group as at 30 June 2021 of £128.3 million, (31 December 2020: £56.5 million).
- Staff base of the Group has increased to 50 as at 30 June 2021 (31 December 2020: 42).