Key Product Facts
- Ether is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically.
- In 2017, Ether Tracker One became the first publicly traded, ether-based security available on a regulated exchange when it listed on NASDAQ in Stockholm.
- The certificates provide exposure to the performance of the digital currency ether by synthetically tracking performance of the price of ether (ETH/USD) less a fee.
- The ETH/USD market is the most liquid ether market widely available for trading, we regard it as the most suitable underlying index to track in a ether product.
- The certificates are non-equity linked securities traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm.
- XBT Provider's prospectus is approved by the Swedish FSA (Finansinspektionen).
- To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker.
- Ether is purchased for money received through the sale of certificates which ensures that the certificates are hedged and structured to follow the price of ether. The certificates are guaranteed by CoinShares Capital Markets (Jersey) Limited.
- The Certificate is denominated in SEK thus there will be a foreign exchange exposure between USD and the SEK which could impact (+/-) the market value and final return from the certificates.
Key Product Information
|Name||Ether Tracker One|
|Asset Class||Digital Asset|
|Type||Exchange Traded Product (ETP)|
|Inception Date||October 09, 2017|
|Underlying Asset||Ether (ETH/USD)|
|Minimum Investment||1 Security|
|Annual Management Fee||2.5%|
|LEGAL AND TAX|
|UCITS Eligible||Please see footnote 1|
|UK Reporting Fund Status||Yes|
|UK ISA Eligible||Yes|
|KEY SERVICE PROVIDER|
|Issuer||XBT Provider AB|
|Issuer Auditor||Öhrlings PricewaterhouseCoopers AB|
|Frequency of Audit||Annual|
|Guarantor||CoinShares Capital Markets (Jersey) Limited|
|Guarantor Auditor||Baker Tilly International Limited|
|Frequency of Audit||Annual|
|Market Maker||Mangold Fondkommission AB|
|Clearing House||Euroclear Sweden AB|
|Prospectus Approved By||Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA)|
|LISTING AND CODES|
|Nasdaq Ticker||ETHEREUM XBT|
1 Currently, UCITS eligibility for delta 1 ETPs referencing traditionally "ineligible" assets (such as commodities) varies by jurisdiction. CoinShares has extensive experience with the analysis and approach taken by market participants on UCITS eligibility. While we cannot give legal advice, CoinShares is happy to discuss its experience in this space. If you would like to find out the details from this analysis, please contact us.
Fair Value Calculation
Accrued Fee Since Inception
Index Price - Fee
Last updated 2022-05-24 08:42:03 UTC
*Fair Value is not indicative of current market price; index sources listed in prospectus
Have more questions?
Click here for access to all product fact sheets.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive product news & updates.
Sign up For Product Updates:Subscribe